Friday, April 9, 2010

Happy and Sad???

Today is mine and Wae's 5 year anniversary, 6 months since our little angel met Jesus, our niece Ellisan's birthday, and my good friend Tracey Thomas' birthday. It's a day with plenty to celebrate but the only thing I can seem to focus on is what I was doing exactly 6 months ago at this time. To top that off it was a Friday and today is a Friday. It seems to make it worse for some reason...

Five years...I can't believe 5 years ago I married my high school sweetheart! I can't believe all we have been through together in 5 years. All we have accomplished and all we have survived. Thankfully it made us grow together instead of apart. I bet many marriages who have a special child and to top that one who dies don't make it very long. It's a strain to get through and I bet some people just call it quits. I am so thankful my best friend is my husband!

Easter...we had a great day. We really did. When we got to church Colin, Ellisan, and Ella Kathryn met us at the cross. Both girls wanted me to hold them and they wouldn't have it any other way. I joked I could do twins. We all got our pictures made together and it was a great feeling to know how much they love us. The girls were just a giggling at me holding them both. Of course none of the pics show Ellisan giggling but she was. We had Wae's family over for an Easter egg hunt and that was a lot of fun to hang out outside and just relax. It was a beautiful day.

I've been working a lot because next week is Spring Break week and I am trying to make up for the hours I'll miss. I just love the kids I see. Even the ones who I'm not getting through to have me wrapped pretty good.

Been working around the clock on Rhizo Kids stuff. This conference is going to get the best of me. It's a lot of work to plan. We have dinner for Friday and Saturday night taken care of. Thanks everyone for offering to help. You are awesome. People are already dropping drinks off at my parent's office and we really appreciate it.

I have been checking on my teaching certificate to renew it soon and I have hit a few snags in the road. Since I took off work for 3 years to be with Ian I am having to go back to school and take a doctorate level course. UGH! I have gripped and complained about it and then last night I really scolded myself. I mean seriously! What do I have to complain about?!? I was able to enjoy one of God's angels for 2 years and all I have to do is take one little ole' college course to make up for my time off. Get over it!!! I also have to do 50 professional development hours to make up all I have missed. Whew...that's going to be a lot of work. I just completed a 12 hour course last night for that and will have a summer consummed of professional development. Not complaining though because I had two of the best years of my life with Ian so I'll do all of this with a smile on my face : )

Well better go. We are celebrating our anniversary today! I'll be spending the day with my husband and best friend and I am determined to focus on that and not the fact that it's been 6 months since Ian left us.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Mary & Wae! I hope ya'll are able to have a wonderful day together! Love, April Hamrick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Mary & Wae! Hope yall have a great day! Love Traci Clanton

    ReplyDelete