Thursday, March 4, 2010

Life Lately...



Hey Y'all!

That greeting definitely gives away just how country I am doesn't it? It's just the way we greet one another around here and I thought I'd approach you as friends tonight. Isn't that little "Superman" the cutest little thing you've ever seen???

It's been awhile since I have updated about Wae and I and what we have been up to so I thought I would simply share the very boring adventures of Mr. and Mrs. Ellis. LOL!

First off...you are all too kind. I have had so many emails after my last blog telling me to get out the pen and paper and get my book started. I walked in a friend's room at school today and she had just read the blog and she was shouting "Hallelujah" and having her very own little revival in her office. She really did stand up and jump up and down and shout "Hallelujah" when I dropped by to say hello. I love having friends to see each day. She is too funny! Love you girl... You all flatter me, but I still am not quiet qualified for a full fledged book. Maybe one day...we'll see where God leads. Shoot...I still don't feel qualified to be a chosen and willing vessel to share God's word but I am doing it. Funny how he supplies what we need isn't it?!?

I am working a lot now and I am loving it. "Loving it" doesn't actually describe just how much I enjoy it. It feels awesome to have a "place" to belong again and being around those kids warms my heart in a way I had forgotten about. Yes, with my job I do see some heartbreaking stories but I also see some kids who love being loved and I love it! I need their love just as much as they need my love and I think it is working really great together. They see me come into their room to get them and jump up and say "Ms.Mary is here. I've got to go." Love them...

Trying to start focusing on me and making myself devote some time to taking care of myself again. I majorly quit taking care of myself when Ian was born and I poured my heart and soul into him. Don't get me wrong...I never want to become as selfish as I was before Ian but I would like to have a little more focus on taking care of me again. It will come...in time. I am dragging a friend into working out with me and next week it's serious time girl! I have got to get it together. You'd think with me telling 500 some odd people on here that I am "getting it together" that I'd actually "get it together" and lose some weight. But...that chocolate cake my best friend made me is in the kitchen and I can actually hear it screaming my name...Hey, the diet doesn't start until next week so you better believe I am going to shut that cake up and eat some. Can anyone relate here??? Does anyone else just not care to devote the time to yourself and better yourself weight wise??? I feel like I am the only person in the world who hates working out and loves eating food and drinking Coke. The real coke...not that fake kind you skinny girls drink. LOL...I need some help in this area!!!

I am having a girl's day tomorrow and going to Cottontail's with my girlfriends. Can't wait...retail shopping and good food all in one day. YAY! We have a birthday party this weekend for my cousin's little boy and there will be a real pony there. I asked my cousin's 3 year old Ansley if I could ride it and she thought I'd be too big. Hahaha... Even though I can't ride the pony it will be a perfect day with family in the gorgeous sun and I can't wait! It's been too long since I've seen my family and it's been even longer since I've seen the sun. Anyone relate to that???

Wae...he is great. He IS working out with a friend of his and is so dedicated. Ugh...proud for him but it makes me sick. Where does the motivation come from? He is working a lot and then crashing when he gets home. What a great man he is! Our release is to watch TV and we are now starting the TV series "The West Wing." We get it from Netflix and it provides hours of entertainment for us. We recently became obsessed wth 24 and watched it from beginning to end. Silly, huh? We have to find something to fill our lonely nights around here. It's hard to have a kid and know the fullness they bring and then to live without one. The aloneness and emptiness is undescribable.

Well, I better go. It's about bedtime at our house. The nights seem to drag on and on these days and I just can't wait until I can go to sleep and not feel bad about what time it says on the clock.

New picture of Ian today...think about this...his legs aren't crossed now, his toes aren't blue, and he is running circles around all those angels he is meeting. I wonder if he gets out of breath from exerting so much energy??? I'm sure he has a lot of energy...






Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Story of my life. I have lost my self in all this crazyness. I am slowly finding myself. I try to diet buy it dont work I just stay at the same weight which would be great if I wasnt over weight. I just need to find the time to work out. I am so happy you are doing better. Take care and God bless.
    Love Baby Corey's Mom.
    cathaleenjohnson@msn.com
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/babycoreyjohnson

    ReplyDelete