Thursday, December 8, 2011

Adventures with Asher

Now that Asher has had his shots and is a little bit bigger we are finally able to adventure out into the world with him and not worry about him being put back in the hospital. I know it's flu season and there are a lot of things going around so we don't go a lot of places but we are back at church now and I do take him shopping for a fun day out with Mommy and Nonnie. It does my soul good to see different scenary and I am hoping it will train Asher to be accustomed to going and doing things. :) We'll see...

Anyways...back to the point. We took Ian anywhere and everywhere. At the beginning there weren't too many stares but when he got older and people could see something was "wrong" with my perfect Ian they couldn't help but to take a second look at him. Some of those looks said "God bless their souls. It would be so hard to raise a child "like that" some of the looks said..."Did you see that baby?!? What is wrong with him?!?" and some of them said "I'm so sorry!!!" Most people were well meaning and didn't mean to crush my momma heart but they always did. I saw Ian as pure perfection just the same way I see Asher. I saw Ian as a blessing and pure joy to be around. However, some people saw Ian as a burden...as different....and as a setback in life. We did not!!!

What a difference our world is now though. We took Asher to the mall yesterday and every person who saw him said "Oh how cute!!! Let me see that baby!!!" "Look at that boy...he's a fattie!" There were no pity looks and there were no I'm sorry's. There were people talking to him and Asher would instantly throw on his charm and smile and giggle at each person :) It feels so nice. It's fun to go out in public with my little boy and "show him off" and not have to worry about my heart being crushed because someone thought he looked "different" You don't know to appreciate that pleasure in life until you've had a child that makes everyone look twice and whisper about you behind your back. Once again....I'm thankful for the blessing of Asher in our lives.

Asher...getting funnier every day. Wae went hunting this past weekend for a few days in Illinois and when he got back Asher was so excited!!! Wae picked him up and Asher didn't even want to see my face after that. If I would walk over and talk to him he would cry. I tried to get him back from Wae and rock him...he cried. He only wanted his daddy. Wae had him laughing his head off...he wouldn't do it for me. He for sure has a personality already.

We started a new tradition this year with Asher and his buddies. I couldn't decide if I wanted it to be only a family tradition or if I wanted to include his friends too but I finally decided to include his little buddies. It was a "Happy Birthday Jesus" party. We read the story of Christmas, made ornaments for our tree, and did a sticker scene craft. We had birthday cake and sent balloons to Heaven to Jesus for His birthday. When asked what Christmas was really about some said "Santa" and some said "presents" Some also said "Jesus' birthday" I am excited to teach Asher that this holiday is not about him getting the most toys or everything he wants but that it's about celebrating Jesus Christ and the love He has for us. As I read the story Asher watched me and listened intently to every word I said. He may have wanted his daddy when he got home but he is for sure a momma's boy at heart :)

Thought I would share some pictures from our party and one of Asher's chunky legs. I just love his rolly polly self :)






Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Oh how cute his little legs are! That face in the last photo looks as if asher is in shock of the camera...lol
    Im glad you enjoyed the mall with that little charmer! hugs-
    Felicia

    ReplyDelete